Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My experience with Indian Express

Coming from a place like kerala with all the inhibitions to talk in English made me to sit in one of the corners of the express from the date i joined in express as an intern till the 19th day of my internship.Coming to such a big IT hub my expectation was also high.Getting inspired from my near by friends and family i stepped into the express.Apart from me there are eight interns working over here.All are smart;confident enough to talk in any language and make use of their opportunity by talking to the expresso team,chatting,blogging with friends and so on.I wait as if some one will ask me something about me and the works we interns supposed to do.No one came and no assignments so far.It takes them 12 days to realize that i am an intern who should work for the team.Meanwhile the head of feature session talked with me and asked me to come up with a story idea on the very next time.I was clueless for a moment!no idea of any place expect the route from office to my PG hostel in vasanth nagar.I went straight to a nearby traffic man and asked about the auto-drivers excess demand and about fine,rules,regulation......and then went straight to shivajinagar traffic police commissioners office.Make a casual talk with him and returned to my hostel.

my experience never ends....will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment